GIVSCO Construction is a Minority and Veteran owned commercial construction company doing business in the Central Illinois area since 2011. We have established many relationships in the Commercial, Industrial and Educational markets. Our clients include Owners, Construction Managers, General Contractors, Design Consultants, Sub-Contractors and Building Operations Managers.
At GIVSCO Construction Company, we pride ourselves on our flexibility to work with clients by providing construction services to help meet project expectations. From the design phase to project closeout, we can provide value through consulting, material purchasing, trade performance and project management.
Our mission is to provide successful client solutions and we want to hire experienced professionals to help us achieve our mission! Our most valuable relationships are those that we have established with our employees. As John Taffer said, "The greatest gift of leadership is a boss who wants you to be successful." The leadership team at GIVSCO takes pride in fostering a successful work environment. If you are interested in employment with a company where you can make a positive impact and advance your career, we encourage you to contact us today.
GIVSCO Construction Company is growing its clientele and we have an excellent opportunity for experienced Project Managers to join our team of professionals. The ideal candidates will have 2+ years of construction project management experience, be organized, motivated, detail-oriented and driven. This is the perfect opportunity to build a career with a rapidly growing small business.
Expected Roles and Responsibilities:
* Work with client from the start of each project to ensure you understand the project scope and vision
* Oversee the beginning of each turn-key project, including details like permit submission and design evaluations
* Create the schedule for each project and match talent to the job
* Process change orders
* Collaborate with the architect, client and construction crew
* Negotiate with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors
* Prepare and submit project estimates to clients
Skills and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering or related field of study preferred
* 2+ years of construction related experience
* Ability to read blueprints, structural drawings and plan sets
* Advanced understanding of risk management policies and procedures
* Extensive experience managing budgets for large construction projects
* Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment
* Bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering or related field preferred
* In lieu of the above educational requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered
GIVSCO Construction Company has the perfect opportunity for experienced project estimators. The ideal candidates will be organized, detail-oriented and a good communicator with excellent analytical and problem solving skills. As an estimator, you will complete and manage commercial construction estimates required for pre-construction and bidding efforts. GIVSCO is a great place to start and grow your career!
Expected Roles and Responsibilities:
* Analyze drawings and specifications
* Complete budgeting and scheduling for projects
* Maintain relationships with sub-contractors and clients
* Understand construction contractual terms and conditions
* Attend construction project pre-bid meetings and perform job site visits
* Formulate cost break down from estimates and for project progress
* Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labor costing
* Assemble accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner for pre-construction project bids
* Organize sub-contractor quotations, negotiate to ensure quotes meet contract documents and issue proper documented purchase orders
Skills and Qualification
* Exceptional communication skills
* Exceptional computer skills
* Good math and analytical skills
* Reliable transportation required
* Ability to work in an office and in the field in a fast-paced environment
* Enjoy various challenges with a multitasked position from project pre-bid to project completion
* Construction related work experience and project estimating experience preferred
* Bachelor degree preferred